In this episode we discuss how the culturally familiar event of the wedding is used to 'Other' the Dothraki in Daenerys II.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Said, E.W. 1979, Orientalism, Vintage.
- Not a Cast Podcast (Episode 12: A GAME OF THRONES, DAENERYS II: “Forgetting to be Afraid”): https://notacastasoiaf.podbean.com/e/episode-12-a-game-of-thrones-daenerys-ii-forgetting-to-be-afraid/
- Race for the Iron Throne (Daenerys II Analysis): https://racefortheironthrone.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/chapter-by-chapter-analysis-daenerys-ii/
- Hardy, M. 2017, "The Eastern Question," Game of Thrones versus History: Written in Blood.
- "Pentoshi Honey Duck w/ orange snap peppers" recipe: http://www.innatthecrossroads.com/pentoshi-honey-duck-worange-snap-peppers/
- "Dothraki Blood Pie" recipe: http://www.innatthecrossroads.com/dothraki-blood-pie/
- The Sheik (1919) by E.M. Hull
You can support us on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/tropewatchers.
If you enjoyed A Clash of Critics, check out our flagship podcast, Trope Watchers, the podcast about pop culture and why it matters: tropewatchers.com.
CW: A Clash of Critics frequently discusses issues such as violence, abuse, sexual assault, bigotry, and other sensitive topics.